Discover the most important monuments in Rishikesh, India's yoga capital, exploring its historic centre on this two-hour guided walking tour. What's more, it's FREE!
Your guided walking tour of Rishikesh will begin in the Tapovan district, the liveliest area of the city, at the Trayambakeshwar Temple. Each floor of this multi-tiered sacred site, constructed eight centuries ago, is filled with dozens of different shrines to Hindu deities, but it is mainly considered to be one of the most important temples dedicated to Shiva in India.
Continue strolling along the banks of the Ganges River towards the Maharani Sri Vidyawati Kuor Temple, passing the iconic cast-iron Lakshman Jhula Bridge. Watch as hundreds of people cross over the river, heading to Shri Trayambakeshwar.
Having passed the Djaramraj Temple and enjoyed the panoramic views of this colourful holy place from the viewpoint there, you'll visit one of Rishikesh's main goshalas. A goshala is a protective shelter for cows, animals considered sacred in Hindu religion.
You'll wander along the fast-flowing Ganges, taking in the luscious mountain views as well as its many important monuments, before arriving at the Ram Jhula Bridge. After crossing the bridge, you'll finish your free walking tour of Rishikesh.
If you reserve the free afternoon tour, you'll end your day attending a celebration of Hindu religious rites, which your guide will explain to you as you watch.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Professional English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.