Explore the surroundings of Quito with this Santo Domingo de Los Tsachilas Day Trip. You'll discover an indigenous community, hike through the jungle, see waterfalls and much more.
Santo Domingo de Los Tsachilas Day Trip
After picking you up at your hotel in Quito between 5:15 and 6 am, we'll start our journey to the Ecuadorian province of Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas. During the tour, we'll see the green vegetation of the Choco Andino Reserve and the high mountains around the Los Ilinizas Ecological Reserve.
After a 3 hour 30 minute drive, we'll go on a short walk through a forest and come across up to 3 waterfalls. This will be the perfect opportunity to take a dip.
Following on, we'll go to the Chigüilpe commune. During a 1 hour guided tour, we'll discover the Tsáchilas and learn about their culture as well as their beliefs. We'll see their houses, attend a spear demonstration, try some of their typical products and see how they work with cotton - a unique experience!
You'll then have free time to eat and continue exploring the community. Once we have recovered our strength, we'll go to the last stop, the San Gabriel Del Baba boardwalk. The views of the river and the abundant vegetation will captivate you.
The tour will end returning to your hotel at approximately 8 pm.
Hotel pick up
The tour includes pick-up from hotels in the Quito Metropolitan District. However, if you're staying in the northern area, i.e. from San Antonio to Cotocollao, or Tumbaco valley, you'll have to pay a supplement of US$ 10 per person on the day of the tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 55
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by car, minibus or bus, depending on the size of the group.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.