Enjoy a day surrounded by nature in a magical forest declared a Biosphere Reserve with this Mindo Day Trip. You'll be immersed in the tranquillity of the Ecuadorian jungle while you discover its varied fauna and flora.
Mindo Day Trip
After picking you up at your hotel in Quito between 5:15 and 6 am., we'll head off to Mindo. The journey will take 2 hours, although we'll stop halfway so that you can have breakfast and stretch your legs.
Upon arrival at our destination, we'll take a guided tour of the town. Houses built with wood and bamboo, cobbled streets, handicraft shops... You'll surely love it!
Afterwards, we'll start going deeper into the Chocó Andino Reserve jungle. Before starting the route on foot we'll have to cross a mountain, in the famous Tarabita de Mindo, a cable car that will offer us an incredible journey through the heights.
Once on the mainland, we'll take a 45 minute hike through the Sanctuary of the Waterfalls, where we'll see up to 7 waterfalls! In addition, the walk will give us a chance to get in touch with the rich biodiversity of the reserve.
We'll go on the Tarabita again and arrive at the village where you'll have 3 hours of free time. You can take advantage of this time to eat and continue exploring the charms of Mindo.
At 4.30 pm we'll return to your hotel in Quito, arriving at approximately 7 pm.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes pick-up from hotels in the Quito Metropolitan District. However, if you're staying in the following areas, you'll have to pay a supplement of US$ 10 per person on the day of the excursion: southern area, from Chillogallo to Guamaní, and northern area, from San Antonio to Cotocollao.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 3 and 9 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 9 years oldUS$ 55
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by car, minibus or bus, depending on the size of the group.
Guide in English.
Ticket for the Tarabita de Mindo.
Entry to the Sanctuary of Cascades.
Lunch and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.