Experience the Middle of the World and enjoy different experiments with this Intiñán Solar Museum Day Trip. You'll visit centuries-old huts and a totemic forest.
Intiñán Solar Museum Day Trip
We'll meet in the centre of Quito at the appointed time and head to the Intiñán Solar Museum, one of the most interesting exhibitions in the Ecuadorian capital.
This place, known as the Museum of Equinoctial Solar Culture, will give you the perfect opportunity to see for yourself that we're in the Middle of the World. Through experiments, games and objects, you'll go back in time and learn about the history of the civilisations that populated this part of South America millions of years ago.
During the visit to the Intiñán Solar Museum, we'll go into several hundred-year-old huts that house recreations of traditional objects and discover what daily life was like thousands of years ago! We'll also visit the museum's totemic forest.
To prove that Ecuador is at Latitude Zero, we'll balance eggs on our heads, use nails and reveal other experiments that only work in Quito. You'll be amazed!
You can't leave the capital without having your photo taken in the city's symbol par excellence. After visiting the museum, we'll head to Quito's most important monument, the Mitad del Mundo. After touring the exterior of this great complex, we'll bring the tour to an end.
At the time of booking, you can choose the option that includes pick-up and drop-off at the following hotels in Quito: Hilton Colon, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Rio Amazonas, Un House, Swissotel, NH Collection, KAIA, Holiday Inn, J-W. Marriott, Wyndham Garden, Dann Carlton, Le Parc and Sheraton.
If you aren't staying at any of these hotels, we'll meet at the Galeria Ecuador.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 25% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour without pick up||
|Tour with pick up||
Tour without pick up
Children under 3 years oldFree
Tour with pick up
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and transfer back to the hotel.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Intiñán Solar Museum.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.