Colonial architecture, volcanic landscapes and many more surprises await you in Ecuador. Discover the country's many treasures on this 8-day adventure from Quito!
Ecuador Tour Package: 8-Days
Day 1: Quito
We will pick you up from Quito International Airport. From the arrivals terminal, we'll head to the city center of the Ecuatorian capital to relax at the hotel in preparation for the next day.
Day 2: Quito – Cayambe – Otavalo – Cotachi - Quito
After breakfast in the hotel, we'll leave the city and head north. Our first stop will be in Cayambe, a town situated at the foot of Cayambe volcano. Here, we'll sample the famous Cayambe sweetbread, slow-baked to perfection in a clay oven.
Our next stop will be in Miralago, an ideal viewpoint to admire the landscapes of San Pablo lake. Just 15 minutes away is Otavalo Market, famous for its indigenous artisanal goods. You can choose to explore through the vendors at your own pace or continue on the route.
Those who prefer to skip the market will continue north, where we'll visit an Andean instrument workshop. Then, the group will move to the picturesque village of Cotachi. There, you'll have free time to get lunch and explore several shops with artisanal leather goods.
In the afternoon, we'll return to Otavalo and pick up members of the group who chose to stay and visit the market. From Otavalo, the tour will return to Quito, where we will stay the night.
Day 3: Quito
We'll have breakfast in the hotel, after which we will enjoy a tour of the historic center of Quito. During the tour, we'll see the capital's most important historic monuments, like Basílica del Voto Nacional, the largest neo-Gothic church in South America, and Carondelet Palace, the seat of Ecuador's government. To get the full scope of Quito's incredible beauty, we'll stop at the Panecillo viewpoint, where you'll be able to take lots of photos to immortalize your experience!
After an hour of free time for lunch, you'll learn interesting facts like how Ecuador got its name during our visit to the famed Ciudad Mitad del Mundo complex. You'll be able to stand with one foot in each hemisphere!
We will finish the day by returning to our hotel in Quito.
Day 4: Quito – Cotopaxi & Quilotoa Volcanoes – Riobamba
The day will start with breakfast in the Quito hotel. Our first stop of the day will be Avenue of the Volcanoes, an incredible path dotted with volcanoes left and right. You'll enjoy unique views of truly awe-inspiring landscapes in the surrounding areas of Cotopaxi National Park.
We will visit the park's museum, walk to Limpiopungo Lagoon, and admire the stunning chuquirahuas, Ecuador's national flower, at 4200 meters above sea level. It won't take long for Ecuador's beauty to win over your heart!
Continuing on, the guide will take us to see Quilotoa, a volcano that holds a bright turquoise lagoon in its crater. A sight you'll never forget!
Day four of our adventure will end with accommodation typical of the city of Riobamba.
Important! The visit to Cotopaxi National Park and Quilotoa Volcano may be affected by volcanic activity.
Day 5: Riobamba – Alausí – Devil's Nose – Cuenca
We will have breakfast in our Riobamba hotel. Then, the group will set off for Alausí, where we'll take a ride on the Trans-Andean Railway to Sibambe. The journey will last about two hours and travel to the famed Nariz del Diablo (Devil's Nose), a zig-zagging path through vertigo-inducing landscapes.
Once we reach Sibambe, we will continue our route by bus to Cuenca, where we will spend the night.
Important! The train ride from Alausí to Sibambe may be omitted due to weather conditions. In the case of bad weather, this leg of the route will be by car.
Day 6: Cuenca
After breakfast in the hotel, we will begin the day's adventure with a tour of Cuenca. You'll admire the intricate architecture of historic monuments like the cathedral and Turi church, as well as discover the history of Cuenca's old town, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then, we'll head back to the hotel, where we'll rest up for the next day.
Day 7: Cuenca – Cajas National Park – Guayaquil
Bright and early in the morning, we'll start the day with breakfast in the hotel. Then, it's off to Cajas National Park! We'll go hiking through the park's unique landscapes and visit its famous glacial lakes.
Once we've hiked to our heart's content, the group will return to the bus to continue on to Guayaquil, where we will spend the night.
Day 8: Guayaquil
On the morning of the last day, you will have breakfast at the hotel and then be taken to Guayaquil's airport.
The tour includes 7 nights at a hotel with breakfast. Expected accommodation arrangements are as follows:
- Quito (3 nights): Reina Isabel Hotel or similar Tourist Class hotel, and Park Inn Hotel or similar Superior Class hotel.
- Riobamba (1 night): La Andaluza Hotel or similar.
- Cuenca (2 nights): Inca Real Hotel or similar Tourist Class hotel, and Carvallo Hotel or similar Superior Class hotel.
- Guayaquil (1 night): Hotel HM or similar Tourist Class hotel, and Palace Hotel or similar Superior Class hotel.
Upon reservation, you will choose the hotel class you'd like to book for your accommodation during the trip.
Important Price Information
The price listed is per person with accommodation in a double room. We also have individual and triple rooms available. Contact us to get a personalized quote and reserve your trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 25% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 3|
|Tour: Tourist Class Hotel||
|Tour: Superior Class Hotel||
Tour: Tourist Class Hotel
Children under 3Free
Tour: Superior Class Hotel
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pickup from Quito International Airport and transfer to the airport in Guayaquil.
Transport by bus or minibus with air conditioning.
English speaking guide during the entire trip.
Tasting of Cayambe sweetbread.
Visit to Andean instrument workshop near Cotachi.
Tour of Quito.
Entrance to Ciudad Mitad del Mundo monument in Quito.
Trans Andean train ticket from Alausí to Sibambe.
Tour of Cuenca.
3 nights accommodation with breakfast in Quito in the chosen class.
1 night accommodation with breakfast in Riobamba in the chosen class.
2 nights accommodation with breakfast in Cuenca in the chosen class.
1 night accommodation with breakfast in Guayaquil in the chosen class.
Remaining excursions and guided visits mentioned in the tour description.
Lunches and dinners.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.