What better place to do a craft beer tour than the first city in South America to brew beer? Explore the beautiful city of Quito while discovering its brewing traditions and history.
Quito Craft Beer Tour Itinerary
Meet your English-speaking guide in Plaza de San Blas, the gateway to Quito's historic centre, ready to begin your craft beer tour of the Ecuadorian capital.
As you stroll through the ancient cobbled streets of Quito, you'll learn all about the brewing traditions of the capital city, which began here in the 16th century, making it the first place in South America to produce beer. The first stop on your tour will be a pub in a traditional neighbourhood. A professional brewer will guide you as you taste the house beer and attempt to distinguish the distinct local flavours and aromas of the beverage.
Continue wandering through Quito's old town, next making a stop in another traditional pub. Accompanied by an expert in local beer, you'll hear about the secrets of Quito's craft beer production. At the end of the tour you'll feel like a true beer scholar!
Hotel pick up
This tour includes a pick up and drop off service for the main hotels in Quito: Sheraton, Dann Carlton, NH Collection, Swissotel, Holiday Inn, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Nu House, J.W. Marriott, Wyndham Garden, Hilton and Hotel Kaia.
If your hotel is not among the above, or you would prefer to head to the meet point of your own accord, you can make your way to the Galería Equador (on the corner between Reina Victoria N24 - 263 and Lizardo García) at 7:20 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 25% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide.
Craft beer tasting (for over 18s only).
When to book?
You can book up until the same day (7:45 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.