Discover the best of Quito's main attractions in just one day. Lose yourself in the historic centre, enjoy magnificent city views from El Panecillo hill, and stand on the exact location of the Equator at the Mitad del Mundo monument.
Quito City & Equator Monument Tour Itinerary
After being picked up from your hotel, you'll be taken to the north of the city. Here, you'll begin your guided tour of Quito, exploring the Ecuadorian capital's historic centre, the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America, on board a trolleybus.
Here, you'll discover the cultural and architectural jewels that lead to Quito being one of the first recognised World Heritage Sites. Admire the impressive gothic façade of the Basilica of the National Vow; the important buildings proudly overlooking the Plaza de la Independencia, or Plaza Grande, including Quito Cathedral, one of the oldest churches in South America; and marvel at La Compañía Church, famous for its exquisite gold leaf interior.
A visit to Quito wouldn't be complete without a trip up to El Panecillo hill, a natural viewpoint which offers spectacular panoramic views over the city. From this vantage point, you'll see the incredible contrasts between colonial Quito and the city's modern developments.
You'll then continue your route into the La Ronda district, a romantic neighbourhood home to a number of handicraft workshops. Take a well-deserved break next, with around an hour and a half of free time to have lunch (not included) in Quito's "pink zone". With renewed energy, meet back up to continue your journey north.
The final stop on your tour will be at Mitad del Mundo, where you'll see the monument to the Equator, marking the division between the northern and southern hemispheres of the Earth. Here, you can stand with a foot on each half of the invisible line that splits the world in two - a unique experience!
Your full day tour will end with drop off back at hotels.
On Sundays, the order of the tour will be in reverse, however the same places will be visited.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes a pick up and drop off service for the main hotels in Quito: Sheraton, Dann Carlton, NH Collection, Swissotel, Holiday Inn, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Nu House, J.W. Marriott, Wyndham Garden, Hilton and Hotel Kaia. If your accommodation is not listed here, the meeting point will be at the Galería Ecuador.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 25% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Access to Panecillo viewpoint.
Access to the Ciudad Mitad del Mundo (Equator Monument).
Entrance to churches in Quito.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.