Enjoy a beach day on the red hot coasts of Saona Island, a Caribbean paradise to the south of the Dominican Republic with wild vegetation and beautiful coral reefs.
Catamaran Cruise to Saona Island
We'll pick you up between 7 and 8 am, hitting the road towards the Bayahibe port. From here we'll take a speedboat to Saona island, to start the day with a little rush of adrenaline.
About halfway there, we'll make a forty-minute stop at Blue Lagoon, a paradisical natural pool formed by a sandbank in the middle of the sea. Enjoy the warm and shallow waters, see if you can find the starfish that live there and take unforgettable photos.
Upon arrival at Saona Island, you'll have two hours and 45 minutes of free time to enjoy the golden sand beaches or simply relax under the Caribbean sun. Coral reefs and long stretches of sand spotted with palm trees await you!
Around 1 pm, we'll meet at Palmera Turística Beach, where we'll try the Dominican Republic's rich gastronomy with a beachside buffet lunch.
After lunch, we'll board a beautiful catamaran, where we'll enjoy music, entertainment and an open bar with rum, beer and soft drinks while we head back to the Bayahibe port. Once we arrive at the port, we'll return to the hotels of Punta Cana, after an amazing 11-hour tour.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes pick up from hotels in the following areas: Uvero Alto, Punta Cana, Bávaro Friusa, El Cortecito, Los Corales, Cabeza de Toro, Cap Cana y Bayahíbe. If your hotel is outside of the designated areas, the provider will specify a nearby pickup location. The local provider will contact you to confirm your exact pickup time.
The excursion may begin with the catamaran first and the speedboat on the way back. In this case, the stop at Blue Lagoon will be on the way back. Due to the current circumstances, both legs of the cruise may be by catamaran.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11||Children under 3|
Children between 3 and 11US$ 30
Children under 3Free
10 - 11 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and other languages.
Hotel pickup and drop off.
Transport by minibus, catamaran and speedboat.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What is the maximum capacity of the boats?
A - The speed boats have a maximum capacity of 15 people, and the catamaran has a maximum capacity of 50 people.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.