Experience an unforgettable evening as you enjoy the Mexican night on the Manialtepec Lagoon, with bioluminescent creatures lighting your every move.
Night Tour of the Manialtepec Lagoon
we'll pick you up from your hotel in Puerto Escondido at around 7:30 pm, and make our way to the Manialtepec Lagoon. After an hour and a half, and with the last rays of sunlight disappearing, you'll discover one of the natural world's most impressive sights.
This lagoon is famous for its spectacular bioluminescence - a unique effect whereby the microorganisms living in the lake naturally give off light at the slightest movement. You can swim in the water, and upon contact with your body these organisms will glow - seeming as though it's your body itself producing the spectacular effect!
When you get off the boat, you'll spend a little over an hour in this magical environment, relaxing and enjoying the evening to the sounds of nature all around you. A perfect experience to calm body and mind.
Then we'll head back to the hotels in Puerto Escondido, arriving at around 10 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 11 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 9||Children under 3|
Children from 3 to 9US$ 16.70
Children under 3Free
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Boat trip to the lagoon.
Food and Drink.
When to book?
You can book up until the same day (8:30 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.