Intricately carved reliefs, mummified crocodiles and a unique double sanctuary: discover the Ancient Egyptian temples of Edfu and Kom Ombo on this guided day trip from Luxor.
Edfu & Kom Ombo Day Trip Itinerary
After being picked up from your hotel in Luxor, you'll leave the city behind and follow the course of the River Nile south in the direction of Upper Egypt.
The first stop on your guided excursion of these ancient temples will be Edfu, where you'll visit the Temple of Horus. Do you know the legends that surround this falcon-headed deity? You'll reveal some of the fascinating tales about him through the inscriptions carved into the columns of the temple. The hieroglyphs, which you can try your hand at decoding, not only represent scenes of the legendary conflict between Horus and Seth, but also provide information on how the temple was built.
Having enjoyed lunch at a local restaurant in Edfu, you'll continue on your route to Kom Ombo. Here on the eastern bank of the Nile you'll visit a unique temple, unusual for Egyptian sanctuaries in that it is dedicated to two different deities: Sobek and Haroeris. Inside the temple, you'll be left speechless by its incredible hypostyle hall, which feels like entering a forest of elaborately engraved columns.
Next to the temple, find the Crocodile Museum, whose permanent exhibition showcases these mummified reptiles, considered sacred in Ancient Egypt.
At the end of your guided tour, you'll make the return journey to Luxor.
If you'd prefer, you can also reserve this excursion with departure from Aswan.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Per personUS$ 89.20
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
Entrance to monuments visited.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.